It seems like I've been a little too busy to take pictures since I've gotten back from New Mexico. So an old photo it is! Random, I know. Maybe it'll cool you off during this August heat. Miss you K!
Also, some of you might know by now that I get to visit with some friends in a few months. If you want to help me get there (these things cost money, you know) let me know and I'll get you a letter. I must you let you know, however, that this is not your run-of-the-mill letter. I've put a teaser below.
Most of that is not original to me but some of it is. I credit the writer in the letter but I don't want to give it away here. :)
So, feel free to let me know if you want the real deal. It's worth it. Promise.
Also, some of you might know by now that I get to visit with some friends in a few months. If you want to help me get there (these things cost money, you know) let me know and I'll get you a letter. I must you let you know, however, that this is not your run-of-the-mill letter. I've put a teaser below.
"I never write you letters.
That's a weird way to open a mission trip letter. The truth is that I don't write anyone letters (a few cards here and there but no real letters) and if I opened up this letter by pretending this is just the latest in a long chain of correspondence we've kept up all these many years, that would feel as fake as when people run out of things to say and ask you questions like, "how long do you think this heat is going to last?" Wow, that was a really atrocious run on sentence, but I'm excited about this trip and I'm not going to let sentence structure stand in my way."
That's a weird way to open a mission trip letter. The truth is that I don't write anyone letters (a few cards here and there but no real letters) and if I opened up this letter by pretending this is just the latest in a long chain of correspondence we've kept up all these many years, that would feel as fake as when people run out of things to say and ask you questions like, "how long do you think this heat is going to last?" Wow, that was a really atrocious run on sentence, but I'm excited about this trip and I'm not going to let sentence structure stand in my way."
Most of that is not original to me but some of it is. I credit the writer in the letter but I don't want to give it away here. :)
So, feel free to let me know if you want the real deal. It's worth it. Promise.
2 comments:
The Subletts would count it an honor to receive a letter. It would be a priviledge to help.
That was a funny day... so excited you're heading over to visit! I can't believe that it's so soon!! Do you realize that when you get here we'll have the entire old studentlife team back together? Well, minus d-thomps...
Post a Comment