Thursday, August 28, 2008

A little taste of the A-U-G

Have you ever had a "travel buddy" on the road? I'm not talking about someone who rode with you on a long trip. I'm talking about another car who stayed your speed and it just seems like you were on the trip together. I haven't had a "travel buddy" in quite a while. My wait ended on my most recent trip. This 18-wheeler and I traveled what must have been hours together. Then we hit this traffic and lost each other. It was a sad moment for my trip. I was listening to a book on cd so all was not lost.

I never knew there was a spring in AUG. My parents and I were going to The Chop House (if you live in Knoxville, Chatanooga, or Augusta YOU MUST go for a visit!!!!) when we passed this abandoned pool. (I was going to tell you the story of the conversation that happened in the car but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't laugh as hard as we did. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't laugh at all.) We also passed cars pulled over to get water from this spring. On the way back my dad humored me with a stop, a water bottle, and a picture. Thanks dad!

And when we got home we toasted to the cool refreshing spring water. It was soooooo good!
Oh, I told my dad to not close his eyes. He crossed them instead. Good one dad!

I thought I'd share some newspaper clippings that I was shown. Top left: Brooke Lundy is a girl that I went to elementary school with - she's in NY singing and such. Pretty neat. Top Right: It's me!!! Not really. But my dad had to actually pick up that paper to look at it to realize that it wasn't me. I think it is someone else that I know. Just can't think of who. Bottom: My dad is a mad-skillz civil engineer! That's his traffic circle!

No comments: