Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Taste of Family

We started 2.42 last night. It was so nice. We had dinner together, family style. On each table there was 1 loaf of bread, 1 bag of lunch meat, 1 bowl of lettuce, a stack of cheese, 1 bag of chips, 1 2-liter of drink, mayo and/or mustard, a stack of plates, napkins and forks.
It was such a delight to share a meal with the students. I got to eat with some of our high schoolers and a leader that I don't know well yet. We talked a little about our summers and then all shared our stories about our relationships with Jesus. I won't share their stories but they may.
Speaking of stories about relationships with Jesus. We are starting a new series at church this Sunday. This website may appeal to you (or your friends). Check it out. It's a simple one page site.

As the students were leaving it started to rain. Well, we still had dinner to clean up so we stayed dry inside. After we finished cleaning up the house so one of the guys pulled my car around back so I wouldn't have to get out in the rain. (Thank you, friend) Guys, may I recommend taking care of your friends in this way. Ladies, allow it, don't demand it.

No comments: