Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shannon's in Town

I loved the invitations and wanted to show them to you. So simple. The red cardstock was passed down from a friend that now lives on the other side of the world. The patterned paper was some that I already had. I printed the actual invitation on white cardstock (4 to a page).

Lunch on my mom's beautiful new buffet
Homemade chicken salad on croissants, pickle spears, homemade pasta salad, pineapple and strawberries.
My mom made dessert: almond pound cake with rhubarb strawberry spread and cool whip.

I wish I could tell you the stories on how I know each of these ladies but space (and your attention span) doesn't allow. I'll just say that each of them are unique and dear.
Thank you for being a part of my life and letting me be a part of yours!
I will say that the two to the right of me in the picture are also bloggers. You can find them here: Jennifer's "Live, Laugh, Love" and Lindsey's "Our Little Chief"

Annie and I go way back and I really enjoy her friendship. She is now a mommy...

...of this adorable, sleepy little guy!
I wish I had gotten a picture of his shirt "Half Pint" with a cow on it.

These ladies missed the big game today to have lunch today:
Lindsey and I are GSU grads and Alicia and Jennifer are UGA fans!
GSU didn't win but they did score.
(Thanks for making that sacrifice, friends)

Each of my friends left with a tiny tin of handmade magnets.
They are so fun and easy to make. I'll let you know how if you ask. I'm actually getting ready to make some more right now.


4 comments:

Jenn Harrison said...

I have arrived! I've been "Well Photographed"!!

Jen T. said...

Will you help me with magnets? That looks like such a fun party...can't wait to hear about everyone!

Anonymous said...

I am really bad at artsy things, but if the magnets are easy, I'd love to learn how to make them!

Unknown said...

I want to learn how